Tuesday, July 01, 2008

some more dresses...

So I've been a bit bad about the sewing posts. To be honest, I've been a bit bad about the sewing too. But I did finish the bridesmaids' dresses a couple days ago, at least as finished as they're going to be before I can try them on the actual bridesmaids. (That means that they're not hemmed, one end of the straps is still not secured, and the lining, while attached to the outer dress at the top, has not been fully hand-sewn in place.)

I tried to take a picture of me wearing Marie's dress to give an idea of how they looked, but the pictures didn't come out so well. Either I used a mirror and I got only flash, or a slightly out of focus picture of part of me, like this...


...or I tried to pretend that I had long enough arms to take a pictures of all of me, and it ended up more like this. At least it gives some idea of what the beading looks like.


I have much more understanding now of why so many self-portraits people post on the internet look so crappy. Luckily help came this evening in the form of Calin and Susanne. In addition to helping me tidy my apartment, Susanne also acted as Marlene's body double, and Calin was our photographer. Hopefully these pictures give you some idea of how the dresses look...



Unfortunately, none of us fits into the flower girl dresses, and this was as close as Aeris would come to trying one on.



And yes, I know that I'm pathetic for needing my friends to help me tidy my apartment. This has never been a strength of mine, and I've been really busy of late with sewing and work. And of course Jeremi's not around to help. As Marie explained, "tidying is the first thing to go". I can't express in words how true this is for me. Now I just hope that Marie's dress fits better than the cod costume did.

4 comments:

Jeremi said...

Beautiful!! Good job my dear.

Anonymous said...

Who removed the comments? Haven't seen this before!! Happy Canada Day -fitting with the red and white in the dresses!!! I think Aeris would look wonderful going up the aisle, or am I just being catty??
Love Mom and Joy

Anonymous said...

Wowywowowowow!!!!!! You are amazing. I can't wait to look fabulous in that dress ;) ;) Hope you're having a wonderful time!!! Talk to you soon!

Marmy

Brandy said...

stunning! you are truly the most amazing of all bride seamstresses!!!